Terms of Service
Instruction to undertake works
Whether the instruction is written or verbal this will constitute as an acceptance to these terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed.
- All electrical installation will comply with BS7671: current and applicable Building Regulations including any amendments in force at the time of works. Any Electrical Certificates issued will only cover works undertaken by Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited.
- Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited shall provide everything necessary for and shall carry out and complete the works in accordance with the customer and quotation issued.
- Where work is required to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume existing circuits are safe and in good condition. If work is required to bring these circuits up to standard an extra cost will be incurred. This is with the exception of rubber insulated (VIR) cables where no alteration or modification will be undertaken.
- If carpet and/or floor tiles require lifting best endeavours will be made to ensure that damage is avoided and they will be refitted to an acceptable standard. Ceramic floor tiles laminate or wooden floors are to be removed by the customer.
- Unless otherwise agreed prior to commencement all chases to walls will be left unfilled. No plastering or redecorating is included within a quotation.
- We will endeavour to undertake all works to the highest possible standard keeping all areas as clean as practical. In many instances additional vacuuming and cleaning down of surfaces may be required on completion of the works. All breakable and valuable items should be removed from the work area prior to the electrician’s arrival.
- Where the installation of a new Consumer Unit or Distribution Board is required this is subject to the whole installation being tested to ensure it is safe to be connected. This is a legal requirement for domestic premises under Part P Building Regulations. The cost for this will be detailed within your quotation.
- If faults are found during testing which is deemed unsafe they must be rectified prior to the circuit being connected to the Distribution Board or Consumer Unit. This will incur additional cost and will be discussed and agreed prior to the commencement of additional works.
- Properties which have been build during or prior to 1970 may require the installation of new bonding to water, gas or oil supplies. This will incur additional cost unless otherwise agreed prior to commencement.
- The site will be left tidy, but removal of equipment or rubbish will be the responsibility of the customer. Triphase Electrical Contracting (Midlands) Limited May at their discretion remove old fittings and wiring for responsible disposal.
The clearing and moving of furniture and other items which obstructs access to the work area is not included within the quotation and is the responsibility of the customer.
Once works have been completed Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited will not be held responsible for any electrical item which has not been plugged back in and/ or switched on.
Asbestos and Material thought to contain Asbestos Products
- It the customer’s responsibility to make it known to Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited of any asbestos located within the work area. This must be done prior to quotation and any electrical works being undertaken.
- If asbestos or any material thought to be asbestos is found during works all activity will stop immediately until all of the asbestos has been removed, or the material thought to be asbestos has been confirmed negative. Additional costs will be incurred on a day rate basis for any delays caused to the completion of the project.
- Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited will not test or remove any material thought to contain or be asbestos found within the working area. If you require further information on asbestos removal please contact HSE or your Local Authority Environmental Health Department.
- Costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with the customer.
- Unless otherwise stated costs quoted will assume standard working hours between the hours of 08.30 hrs – 17.00 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside of these hours may incur additional cost although there is always flexibility.
- Additional work not detailed in the original quotation will attract additional material and labour cost.
- Costs are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of quotation.
Risk and Title of Goods
- The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the customer upon delivery. All goods supplied shall remain the property of Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited until payment has been made in full.
- Triphase Electrical Contractors Limited warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months form invoice date. Cover does not extend to goods supplied by others, physical damage, wilful misuse or instances where the installation has been altered or tampered with by third parties. The warranty also excludes wear and tear, lamps, fuses and other consumables.
- Where third party trades are also included on the works any damage to the electrical installation shall remain the responsibility of the customer. Rectification costs must be paid by the customer prior to the completion of the works. The recovery of any costs from the third party remains the responsibility of the customer.
- Unless agreed in writing, payment in full must be made strictly within 14 days after completion of the specified works. Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited reserves the right to withhold paper work and certificates until payment has been made in full.
- Any payment outstanding beyond our credit terms of reference may be passed out of hand to a debt collection agency and, will be subject to additional surcharges of the invoice values to cover the cost incurred: such account will also be subject to any other costs incurred in obtaining settlement including all legal costs and disbursements.
- All cheques to be made payable to ‘Triphase Electrical Contractors (Midlands) Limited’. BACS and cash payments are also accepted.
- In certain instances works may require an initial deposit before commencement and/or part payment. This will be detailed in the quotation if applicable.